A workplace fitness culture not only improves job satisfaction and as a result boosts productivity, but healthy employees spend less on medical costs and have less sick days too. Individual health and wellness is as crucial as workplace wellness. People with a high degree of fitness function at a higher level, both in their personal lives and in the workplace.
Here are just some of the benefits of having a workplace fitness culture:
- Everyone wants to work in a happy and healthy working environment. A fitness culture can differentiate your workplace environment by providing something of value for people to want to work in your company
If employees are eating healthy, exercising, and reducing stress, they are less likely to get sick and be absent from work. This can save a lot of money in the long run
When employees see the efforts their company is putting towards taking care of them, they are likely to perform much better at their job
A wellness culture is a happy culture in the workplace. A good employee-employer relationship is the key to preventing costly turnover
Consider the Research (Toronto):
- Between 60 and 90 percent of all visits to health care professionals are for stress-related disorders
- Absenteeism costs about $30 billion per year in wages alone. The total loss, including lost productivity, is estimated to be as high as $150 billion
- According to the National Commission on Productivity, only two of every ten employees work at full potential. Nearly half of the workforce gives only the minimum effort needed to get by
- For each corporate dollar invested in corporate wellness programs and initiatives, Health Canada reports a $3.40 return on investment through reduced turnover, productivity gains, and decreased medical claims
Fitness At The Office is a workplace wellness program that delivers results by helping employees develop healthy fitness habits by increasing exercise, improving nutrition, and reduce stress.
THE STEPS WE TAKE TO DEVELOP A WORKPLACE FITNESS CULTURE